Hospitalist Jobs in Montana
Saturday · May 15, 2021
1 Job in Big Sky Country
Photo: A horse ranch near the mountain range in Montana.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Hamilton) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Because of its location in Montana's "Banana Belt" between the Bitterroot Range and the Sapphire Mountains, Hamilton's climate is more moderate than the rest of Montana.
- Hamilton, one of the fastest growing communities in Montana, is centrally located in the heart of the Bitterroot Valley 45 miles south of Missoula and 47 miles north of the Idaho border.
- You'll enjoy concerts and special performances at the beautiful 700-seat Hamilton Performing Arts Center and quality theatrical productions at the historic Hamilton Playhouse.
- Come see why Hamilton is a truly exceptional place to live and work.
- Those who love fly-fishing love the Bitterroot River, a Blue Ribbon Trout Stream ( If you enjoy skiing or snowboarding, you will want to take advantage of the three terrain parks at Lost Trail Powder Mountain ( which sits atop the Continental Divide where Montana and Idaho meet.
- Here you'll find an abundance of outdoor recreational opportunities such as camping, fishing in our clear mountain streams and lakes, and hundreds of miles of hiking, biking, and horseback trails.
- For the past 78 years, Mdmh has been meeting the needs of Hamilton, Montana and the surrounding communities.
- This critical access hospital stays abreast of technology as evidenced by recent purchases in the Imaging Department that include a General Electric 64 slice CT (Computer Tomography) Scan, a General Electric digital mammography with CAD (Computer Assisted Detection), a Siemens Ultrasound, a General Electric Radiographic Fluoroscopy unit, a General Electric C-Arm (mobile fluoroscopy unit) for use in the Operating Room, and a Pacs (Picture Archiving and Communication System).
- As the county seat of Ravalli County, its residents enjoy historic buildings, handsome old homes, unique shops and restaurants plus easy access to millions of acres of heavily forested public lands and spectacular mountains.
- Many historic sites and landmarks tell the proud role that the Bitterroot Valley has played in American history.
- Marcus Daly Memorial Hospital ( has shown a strong commitment to the success of its physicians and to the well being of the people they serve.
- You will oversee the growth of the program, which is expected to provide 24/7 coverage within three years.
- If golf is your game, the eighteen-hole Hamilton Golf Club, long listed as one of the best public courses in the Northwest, offers spectacular views of the Bitterroot and Sapphire mountain ranges.
- The city is home to two microbiological research and production facilities - Rocky Mountain Laboratories ( the NIH's state-of-the-art biomedical research facility, and a branch of the GlaxoSmithKline ( These facilities offer unique access to collaborative, educational, and employment opportunities with world-renowned scientists.
- More than 300 inches of snow fall each year on their relatively uncrowded slopes.
- As the cornerstone of the new hospitalist program at Marcus Daly Memorial Hospital (Mdmh), you will work only 40 to 44 weekends a year (no weekdays) providing care for an average of 16 patients.
- With the newly opened, state-of-the-art emergency department with 24/7 coverage and the soon-to-be opened rehab center, Mdmh continues to provide exceptional care that exceeds the expectations of those they serve.
- The beautiful Bitterroot Valley, its communities, and surrounding mountains and forests are a paradise for the outdoor enthusiast.
- The charming town of Hamilton hosts a variety of fun events throughout the year such as the Senior Pro Rodeo, which brings contestants from all over the United States and Canada, the Blue Grass Festival, Apple Days, and the Ravalli County Fair.
This perm job from Cross Country Search was last open on Oct 14.